Apply For New Hampshire TANF

This page provides the New Hampshire TANF eligibility requirements. Applicants must meet both state and federal guidelines for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. Individuals who apply for TANF must meet the monetary and non-monetary state guidelines, complete work-related activities, provide paternity information about the children in the household and report as required by the state.

New Hampshire residents who qualify for welfare are required to furnish information such as citizenship, income, resources, and age. Only household members who are eligible can receive New Hampshire welfare benefits. Read on for more information about applying for TANF. If you have additional questions or issues about this program, then contact TANF New Hampshire.

Financial Assistance to Needy Families

The Financial Assistance to Needy Families Program (FANF) provides cash assistance to families with dependent children through the following programs of assistance:

All FANF programs have the same cash eligibility requirements, and the same benefit limits. To qualify, the dependent children must lack parental support or care due to death, continued absence or because at least one parent in a two-parent home is disabled.

Benefit Limits for FANF

You can get FANF cash assistance for a maximum of 60 months. Counting for the lifetime limit for receipt of FANF cashassistance began in NH on October 1, 1996. October was counted as month 1 of the 60 months allowed if you received cash assistance beginning in October 1996. Any months you received cash assistance before October 1996 do not count toward your 60 month limit. There is no limit on receipt of assistance for the children in families headed by a relative who does not receive FANF assistance for him/herself.

Related FANF Services

Parents of families eligible for FANF cash assistance are also eligible for Medicaid; children of FANF eligible families are eligible for Children's Medicaid (CM). Employment and Training Programs and Support Services assist adults receiving cash benefits through the FANF program. Employment and training services are provided by DFA and other interagency staff located in your local District Office.

Child Care Assistance assists parents engaged in work, training or educational activities. Payments to child care providers are coordinated by DFA in cooperation with the Child Development Bureau. Your Family Service Specialist or local Child Care Resource & Referral Agency can help you find the best care for your children.

Emergency Assistance assists families with dependent children who may qualify for FANF in obtaining and keeping safe and healthy permanent housing.

How You Will Receive Your Benefits

FANF cash assistance is issued twice per month via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT). Cash assistance issued via EFT is deposited directly into an individual's checking or savings account and is accessible in the same manner as any other cash in the account. Cash assistance issued via EBT is accessed through a debit-style EBT card and individuals can either swipe the EBT card through a point-of-sale machine at participating retailers or use ATM machines to access the cash assistance.

New Hampshire Employment Search

Part of the requirement, while on the TANF program, is finding a job to help sustain your financial needs. New Hampshire provides an online job site for you to search for employment. You can view the job site by clicking here.

Apply Online For New Hampshire TANF

If you have questions about applying for TANF benefits, or you want to see if you can apply for TANF Georgia online, then visit the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families website here.